Realities of Christmas
This came in my email this morning. It is from a blog called SBC Voices and is written by Dave Miller, a pastor in Iowa. Enjoy!
Here are the non-debatable, inarguable realities of Christmas. You may not agree. This is America. You have the right to be wrong!
- George C. Scott was Scrooge and other versions are vying for second place in "which is the best 'Christmas Carol'" discussions. He is the gold standard.
- Die Hard was an entertaining action movie set at a Christmas party. It is NOT a Christmas movie and only heretics, Gnostics, and liberals say it is.
- The Christmas classic "A Christmas Story" should have ended with the narrator, the adult Ralphie, appearing with an eye patch, after shooting his eye out with the BB gun.
- Egg nog is ample proof of a fallen world. Bletch.
- Artificial trees are for artificial people. A true celebration of Christmas requires a REAL tree decorated with enough strings of lights that it becomes a fire hazard.
- I don't care about the lack of theological depth, Silent Night is a beautiful hymn and it needs to be a prominent part of our Christmas celebration!
- Grandkids make the celebration of Christmas both infinitely better and more expensive.
- Dieting at Christmas is both immoral and impossible.
- Mary knew a lot and those who constantly criticize that song are theological nit-pickers who don't understand poetry.
Have a blessed Christmas season!